Saturday, November 01, 2008

foodie fodder

You all know how much I adore writing about food.

If letters were morsels and words delicacies,
I could craft stories worthy of menus in the best eateries.
Each dish a poem, each course an essay,
I’d write of tapas, pizza and amuse bouche.
I would stir slang and spices, mix with real sustenance,
Pour phrases on to the page with culinary competence.
If only I could find a way to marry the vinegar and oil,
Of a career built of gastronomy and days of keyboard toil.

I recently had the opportunity to mesh the two…
Check out my story on Sonic Drive-in’s happy hour! It was published in Myrtle Beach’s free alternative paper, The Weekly Surge, on October 10th. I think there’s some more room for contribution, but as they haven’t been so professional about paying the freelancer, I’m going to wait and see how that pans out before submitting anything else.
I also had a story published recently in Alternatives Newsmagazine. Well, it was actually more of a press release, but it still ended up in print. I’ve also been tracing some of the other branches in Myrtle Beach’s interconnected publishing scene and have a few promising leads. We’ll see…
Once again, I find myself in a space where I'm encouraged to write more. I'm hoping some of these liquid thoughts will gel enough to make it to the blog. Blogging is good for me, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home