Thursday, December 21, 2006

here comes the bride?

i hope this post doesn’t give my dad a heart attack.
a while back i went to lunch with a few students from my shakaijin [community members] class. we dined at duo cerezo, which is an opulent multi-purpose facility where ceremonies and weddings are held, as well as beer garden parties and buffet meals. a friend of one of my students runs the upstairs bridal boutique and she invited us up after eating. i truly had very little interest but humored my students. the boutique manager insisted on showing me dresses and jewelry and veils, inquiring about my style and the ones that i liked. she pulled one of the heavy garments down and thrust it at me saying “c’mon, you should try it on!” i insisted that wasn’t necessary and went back and forth with all the ladies in the shop. before i knew it they were tugging off my clothes and i reluctantly agreed.
[notice my favorite student kimio san in the background. he played father figure, nodding in agreement or grimacing at what he didn't like. he was a good sport up until they asked for his credit card. then he disowned me.]

here’s the uncomfortable evidence…pictures i took of pictures that my shakaijin students took…


there was a hefty crinoline skirt, an expensive dress, white pumps, a veil and a bouquet involved in the impromptu session.

i was thoroughly embarrassed, especially because there was a couple there legitimately trying to pick out wedding goods. i will admit however, i couldn’t help but feel remarkable in the gown, even without proper preparation, makeup, undergarments, etc. i’ve never had anything more decidedly elegant hanging on my frame. i imagine such a dress could indeed turn a woman into a queen while she’s wearing it, i mean, if you’re into that sorta thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger KristianMN said...

Absolutely stunning!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make a beautiful bride!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home